Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    in imovie 06 HD-are there chapter marker limits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

in imovie 06 HD-are there chapter marker limits?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted
Hello,
I am editing a 3 hour movie, that will have just over 100 chapters. Is there a limit as to how many chapter markers iMovie and IDVD will let you have (before I start making all of the chapters)?

Thanks,
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
You can only have 99 chapters in a DVD. This is a limitation of the DVD specification.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Natalie:

You might want to reconsider the number of chapters because you can only have 6 per menu page. 100 chapters will be a lot to navigate. I also emailed the PDF version of the iDVD manual to you.

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
posted Hide Post
Thank you both. I agree-it is a lot to navigate-but my client wants it that way. Of course if I am limited to 99, I will need to convince him otherwise.

Thank you both for your help!

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post