Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    not authorized for digital export???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

not authorized for digital export???
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
ok im making slide shows in iphoto4 adding music and exporting as quicktime movie. i did this for each month of the year and all dragged to toast6 so that i can make a dvd to give to family except one month. it said "not authorized for digital export" and wont copy over. i redid it in iphoto and got the same thing. Any help is appricated.
thanks kelly

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Is any of the music purchased from the iTunes store? If so, is the computer authorized to play it?

You may need to convert any purchased music by burning it to a CD and then re-importing the CD to remove the DRM.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
thanks that was it. how do i deothorize a computer thats not hooked up. i just authorized my computer and it said i have 2 computers out of the 5. im only using 1 computer now so the other one is my old one (when i was using 2) or could i have authorized my current computer twice (dout that)? why doesnt itunes list your authorized computers?

Posts: 360 | Location: Oxford, MI | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You can de-authorize iTunes one of two ways.

1) On the computer you wish to de-authorize, just select De-authorize under Store menu. If you no longer have access to that computer... time for step two.

2) Open iTunes and go to the iTunes Store. Click on the Account link. Here is where it gets tricky! You MUST have 5 computers Authorized to use this feature AND it can only be used once a year. If this is the case you will see a button at the bottom of the window that allows you to De-authorize ALL computers using that account. At this time all that is needed is to re-authorize the computers you want to use. This is done by simply opening iTunes on those computers and Authorizing your account.

iTunes does not tell you which computers you have authorized because it can't be more than 5 computers (and you should be able remember which 5 Roll Eyes ) and when you Authorize an Account it has no idea which computer it is just that you authorized another computer.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post