Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    Cached Chat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cached Chat
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Keith
posted
I recently tried to send a very large file via iChat/AIM Text Messaging. I had successfully done this in the past, but after hours of letting iChat send, an error message appeared saying "File transfer error. . . . An error occurred." Just how many hours had passed I couldn't say, because I was out of the house when the transfer ceased.

Well, them things happen. But what of all the information that had gone through? Surely some of the file is cached on my friend's hard drive, no? He says that Spotlight can't find anything with that file's name. I'd hate to think that he's wasting space on his drive by having this big unnamed lump sitting there.

Posts: 668 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: October 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
There's many ways to find a file...
• He could do a Finder search by creation date (date the file was created on his desktop)
• He could do a Finder search by size
Not all "File transfer errors" seem to leave residual files.

Posts: 1631 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post