Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    ical glitch
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ical glitch
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted
So I entered a long weekend in I cal. In the month view I only see the first date listed. On day and week the days/dates are listed. In both month and year only the first day of the weekend event is listed.

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
More info...
What's the problem?
What are you expecting?
Did you want the "all day" option selected?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CHunter,

Posts: 1619 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
When I chose the span of the event from 8/30 to 9/2 in edit,,, that span does not show in Month view but does in week and day as blued out. In month and year just the first day is dotted.

Posts: 1057 | Location: dearbon,MI , USA | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
You don't say which version of iCal & OS you're running. I just tested it on the latest version on my MacBook. No problem seeing it in Day, Week or Month. Year missed the change of month, but year view is fairly useless as far as I'm concerned.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3768 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Fascinating!

On 10.7.4 using iCal Version 5.0.3 (1605.3), the latest Software Update has sent me, I see the duration marked in the daily, weekly, and yearly views but not in the monthly view. This is not consistent with the results seen by either janp or Phyllis Evans.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I tried it again, setting up the entry on my 1st gen iPad. Once I had the right calendar selected, it finally showed up on the MacBook. No problem with it showing in day, week and month views. Is it a full moon on some planet?

—P M Evans

Posts: 3768 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
How about a screen shot of the open event info pane?

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
OK I'll do that in a bit and I'll add a new date then I'll try it on my iPad. Thanks for your help

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
I'm running OS 10.7.4
Ical 5.0.3

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
here are the pics

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Here's the week

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
here's the month ... the problem child

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
the dates show in the year view

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
Here's a new one done on the iPad

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
sunny days ahead is the new one

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the start and end times?

—P M Evans

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Okay, that's the problem. To have it show all days in the month view, it has to be "all day" without the start and end times. Programming glitch.

—P M Evans

Jedi Master
Picture of janp
posted Hide Post
OK , I'll try it when I get home to the MCbook
Funny it works fine with the ipad

iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
It would be really helpful to reduce the
size of these images before you post them.

Posts: 1619 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
janp,

Your screen grabs of results matches mine, except I don't have an iPad to test with.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post