Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    garage band help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

garage band help
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I put something together (calling it a song is a stretch) in Garage Band for a function at my daughters school. Its supposed to play continuously for about 40 mins. Its 4 minutes long so I want it to loop 10 times. I did share to itunes and was able to get it as an mp3 on my ipod with the thought that Id set it to repeat and play. The person in charge (who persuaded me to make this song) does now know how to hook up a loud enough speaker to the ipod and would like me to make it play from a cd. What is the best way to make this 4 min garage band song loop for 40 mins and play from a cd?

first time using garage band... thanks!

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
Many CD players have a "repeat" function like the iPod - look there first.

If not, try "shuffle" - many CD players aren't very bright, and will play the same song over and over again in "shuffle" mode. If your song is the only one on the CD, it may "shuffle" it forever.

Otherwise, you might have to burn the same song over and over again to CD.

Of course, if he can hook up a speaker to a CD player, I'm surprised he can't hook up a speaker to an iPod.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
is there a way to set the repeat in garage band before exporting to itunes.. or a way to copy and paste it multiple times?

Posts: 626 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
The "repeat" in Garageband is for playback in Garageband, so that won't help.

You could certainly take whatever you have and copy/paste it 10 times.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Bill Carver
posted Hide Post
First a question to ask them. Does their amplifier/ mixer have standard RCA ports on the back?

Never see a doctor whose office plants have died.

Posts: 454 | Location: Eastpointe | Registered: June 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Im not sure how the sound system is set up.. I think she just has some little boom box with a CD player.. I ended up copying and pasting the garage band song 10 times.. sharing out to itunes and burning a 40 min cd track.. hopefully that will do the trick. thanks for the help!