Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    NEW Shareware! Multiple sites in iWeb (THANK YOU!)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Shareware! Multiple sites in iWeb (THANK YOU!)
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Art P.
posted
I was just looking at Versiontracker to try and write an article for another User Group when I ran across this FREEWARE SOLUTION to get around the one website at a time limitation in iWeb:

iWebsites 1.1

When Apple introduced its clever iLife web design software, iWeb, they left out one important feature: the ability to load and save multiple web sites. There isn't even an "Open" menu item under the File Menu! You can create multiple "sites" that are somewhat independent of each other, but they still exist as one file ("Domains.sites") and cannot be separately uploaded onto different web servers or into different .Mac accounts.

iWebSites rectifies this by manipulating the files in the directory where iWeb keeps its website files, and allows users to have multiple websites that are completely independent of each other. iWebSites creates new sites, duplicates sites you already have, sets the "default site" for iWeb, and allows you to delete sites. New in version 1.0 is the ability to drag/drop or copy/paste ".sites" files to and from the finder or an e-mail program.

Seems to work as advertised so far...

- - - -
Macs make life simple... (Sometimes!)

Posts: 641 | Location: Detroit, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
Art,

Multiple sites are possible in iWeb. I have 6 independent websites, each with several pages. iWebsites does seem to have some additional advantages though. I'll check it out.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
posted Hide Post
The new 1.1 update makes it possible to store multiple different "domain" files without a third-party add on.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303670

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jack Beckman,

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post