Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iLife    (help) Why must I convert my MP3's into MP3's in itunes!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(help) Why must I convert my MP3's into MP3's in itunes!!!
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of Firewall
posted
Riddle me this Batman... (why does itunes change my mp3's to quicktime movies?)

Just today I went to get the WOZ interview off WJR. I'm on the web page its playing in quicktime I download the mp3 file using "save as source" to my desktop drag and drop that file into itunes, play the first 30 second, to make it's good to go. Next I plug in my iPod and... nothing (sigh) I check the for file and the darn thing didn't load <b>ARRGGGG!</b> This has been going for months not only are the mp3's I download off the web (all-legal) never imported correctly, but any non iTunes ripped audio (Audio Hijack: family audio off old cassette) I create using in MP3 or ACC format, have to be converted to use it on my iPod! What insidious DRM protocol has Apple embedded into Tiger or what button have I accidentally toggled thats giving me such grief.

I never have this mp3/ itunes problem in Panther . Everything just bloody worked. What gives...anyone?

(Yes, I checked the info palette of the file on my desktop before importing to itunes, and it said mp3 afterwards "Quick time movie file" sigh)

FW

Talking about Jazz, is like Dancing about Architecture...

Posts: 60 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
For some stupid reason, when you save as source the computer thinks it's a movie file. Haven't the foggiest notion why. My way around it is to right-click on the link and tell it to download the attached file. No problem when I do it that way.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of Firewall
posted Hide Post
Huzzah it works!!!!

The darn thing takes three times as long to download but yes it works!

Actually I just happy someone out there knows what the heck I'm talking about. I've been to other forms and all I got were shoulder shrugs!! (text version) Like I was bonkers and this was all in my head. I should have came here first... Big Grin (now I know)

Thanks (Whew I'm not nuts... yet)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Firewall,

FW

Talking about Jazz, is like Dancing about Architecture...

Posts: 60 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post