Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    Mac Mail Changed?? using Comcast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mac Mail Changed?? using Comcast
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
For some unknown reason the way MacMail works on my Itel Mac has changed. I used to type out the email I want to send, open the Contacts list and drag a collection of emails addresses under one name to the BBC area of the email I want to send. Now, when with the email on the screen, I click on the Contacts icon expecting it to open which it does but the email i want to send goes off screen preventing me from just dragging the addresses I want to that email BBC area. Has Mac Mail changed for the worse or have I somehow hit a button changing the way Mac Mail is normally done?

Posts: 139 | Location: Southfield, MI 48034 | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
If the addresses are in a group in Contacts, all you need to do is start typing the name of the group on the BCC line and it should bring up the group. No opening of Contacts needed.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Ralph,

Apps in full screen mode are unwilling to share the desktop with other apps.

Make certain that both Mail and Contacts are NOT in full screen mode.

Posts: 1979 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your solution. I merely hit the escape key and the email returned to normal. I must have had it unaware on Full Screen mode.
You made my day.

Posts: 139 | Location: Southfield, MI 48034 | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post