Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    Loading pictures from iPhone X to Mac Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading pictures from iPhone X to Mac Pro
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Can't figure out how to load the pictures on my phone to Photos on my Mac Pro. Used to be able to do it through iTunes but not no more.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
As long as both devices are connected to iCloud, they should show up in Photos.

This screen shot is from the Preferences in the Photos app.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Use Image Capture. Fast and easy, and no iCloud involved.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3773 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Depending on the age of the Mac Pro, it may have AirDrop, an even easier way.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Does your phone show up in iTunes? Or in the Photos app?

For clarity sake... Do you want to move pictures from your phone to Photos on your Mac Pro? Are are you trying to get pictures from Photos to your phone?

What OS is on your Mac Pro and what version of iOS is on your phone? Might as well ask what version of iTunes are you on?

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2114 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Dave, I was trying to transfer my photos from my iPhone X to my Mack Pro Late 2013 running Mojave. Brian Stone helped me a lot and pointed me in the right direction. I remember, and you do too, that you used to sync your phone with your computer thru iTunes simply by plugging it in via USB. Now I went to Photos, plugged my phone in via USB and in Photos selected import and then you are given the options of which one of them is iPhone. Lot easier but how would one know without the help of the MacGroup?

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post