Find
Notify
Tools

Latest version of CS
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted
I take it that you can no longer purchase an Adobe CS license outright? You HAVE to purchase either a monthly or yearly subscription and that's it???

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You are correct... CS6 is no longer available for purchase. If you have a legal code but not the disks, you can still download the software of that version. Adobe has it on their website but it does take a minute to find it. I just searched CS6 in the Adobe search bar and it was a few hits from the top.

Adobe Creative Cloud is now your only option. They offer many different subscription models for what your needs may be. This allows you to update to the latest version for no additional cost.

Since Creative Cloud has been out for 4-5 years, I doubt Adobe will ever offer a full priced set again.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2101 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
You may still find boxed versions at some third-party retailers.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
The problem is that CS6 is having problems running under the latest OS. Constant crashing, font problems and the like. We've been stuck on 10.8 for far too long.

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Paul, I'm curious as to which apps in CS6 are giving you trouble. I'm still running CS5, but only use Acrobat Pro and InDesign, and no real problems with either and the latest OS Sierra. I use FontExplorer Pro 4 for font handling.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3764 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
Mostly InDesign is what is giving us problems. It either runs slow or just crashes unexpectedly.

Console logs aren't telling me much. "Application crashed" Geee.. thanks!

========================