Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    I think my e-mail has been hacked
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think my e-mail has been hacked
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
I have received several e-mails (in my Outlook/Hotmail account) that appear to come from me, reminding me of friends' birthdays--all on 1/1/2017!! (These are people I know, but in most cases, ones I do not send birthday cards to.)I have deleted those e-mails. I think I should change my password--but I don't know how! Can anyone help?? Thanks.
PS:The deleted messages have reappeared in a small screen -- as "reminders"

Posts: 227 | Location: Southfield, MI USA | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
I don't think you've been hacked

How to disable Birthday Calendar notification mails in Outlook

https://vimalsuresh.com/2013/0...on-mails-in-outlook/

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim! I hope you're right. You did notice that the e-mails were all for the same birthday 1/1/17 and often for couples: "Jim AND Mary's birthday"?

I often use the Jacqui Lawson greeting card site and don't want to stop legitimate notifications from that site. Can I do that?

It seems to be a problem with "Notifications"--which is supposed to be turned off.

Any additional suggestions? (Thank goodness for you and MacGroup!!) Thanks again! Nancy

Posts: 227 | Location: Southfield, MI USA | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post