Find
Notify
Tools

Keynote Problem
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Okay, I'm using a MacBook running High Sierra. Built a presentation for teaching and saved it as well as exported it to PPT and saved it to a flash drive for possible use on a PC. I now have both the Keynote and PPT version on my internal drive and on a flash drive. When I went to the venue to present the material using my MacBook, the Keynote version would not run because it was all washed out and unusable. When I tried to run the PPT version it ran perfectly. They had a very nice Epson up to date projector.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
I found some discussion along similar lines, and they all claimed the fix was to either attach a profile to images or set one for the projector by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Color > Use Generic RGB profile

I suspect Keynote is using one of the specific Apple technologies for color matching while PowerPoint isn't. Worth a shot.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mr. B, I'll let you know what happens.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
Seriously?! WOW!

Posts: 1615 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post