New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightroom Issues
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
Lightroom has been very buggy lately. I go to click on the adjustment brush and the program crashes and quits at times. I've also been getting lots of spinning beach balls, and when trying to adjust the white and black points when holding down the option key I've had the screen go black with all kinds of neon colors flash on the screen. Sometimes the picture breaks up completely and I get random squares showing parts of my photo in a disjointed array. Have tried rebuilding the preference files but the problem keeps recurring.I'm running Sierra on a Mac with the latest version of LR CC. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 825 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I posted a problem I was having with LRCC a few days ago on our club iBBS site and also on the Adobe forum site. Some of the people from the Adobe community say it looks like a GPU issue. Someone mentioned updating the driver software for the GPU. How would one go about doing that? I have a late 2015 iMac with an Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 card built-in. OS and LRCC are running the most current versions. Thanks.

Posts: 825 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
According to the website the update is built into the MacOS software.

See this link
Driver updates

Possibly a software update is needed?

Posts: 1610 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chita for your reply. It looks like I must have the latest drivers as I'm running the latest version of the OS.