Find
Notify
Tools

Adobe CS6 Licenses
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted
We have several licenses for Adobe CS6, but I have no idea how many copies each license is good for. Chatting with Adobe online, they are trying to tell me that each license is only good for 2 machines.

That's certainly not what I remember from our purchase. I could have swore that each license was a block of 4 - 6 machines (group licensing??). I think the Adobe Tech was just to lazy to look them up. Logging into our Adobe Account Web Page isn't telling me anything other than the License numbers.

Does anyone know of a way to check for certain?

-Paul

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

The only fish in a stream that just "go with the flow" are the dead ones

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Suggest you look at the packaging to determine what was purchased then let us know what it says. Do you still have your original sales receipt? As I remember it the serial number of each version was specific to the licensing which determined usage. ie: a single user serial number for a "one person/two machine license is quite different than a multi user license.

Normally the license from Adobe was good for the software to be installed on two machines and they were not to be used at the same time.

I don't think the rep was being lazy, just honest.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Stone:
Normally the license from Adobe was good for the software to be installed on two machines and they were not to be used at the same time.

I don't think the rep was being lazy, just honest.

If that is true then something is not adding up. I have the invoice for the CS6 Upgrades (from CS4) that we ordered from CDW. Nearly $12,000 worth of upgrades for a total count of 18 copies. Adobe is saying that we only have 4 licenses listed so we can only be installed on 8 machines?? And only running 4 of those at a time????? Someone owes us 10 copies of CS6!!! And yes - the upgrades were installed because that is what everyone in our Production Crew is currently running and we could not have installed Creative Suite without a valid license.

I really think that several of our licenses are Group Licensing and not individual copies. Again.. me thinks the Adobe Tech was just too lazy to take a few minutes it would have required to look them up!

========================
Ignorance breeds fear and fear breeds stupidity. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fears

Posts: 1416 | Location: Clawson, MI USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Paul
posted Hide Post
It turns out I was correct. We have a volume license that is good for up to 18 machine installs. The problem is that Adobe will not let you register/store a volume license on your Adobe ID page. I'm Damn lucky I was able to find the original order form from CDW that our past employee stashed away in the corner on a shelf.

Thanks for all the help Adobe... NOT!!!

========================

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Are you able to sell any? Just curious.

Posts: 417 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post