Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    Entering info in "Contacts"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entering info in "Contacts"
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
Quite often I have a need to enter the extension number after the phone number. Can someone explain how this is done? If I want to automatically dial the number, will it include the extension number?

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
Generally when an extension number is required, you get a voice prompt when you connect to the main number you're calling. I don't think you can set this up to do it automatically. If you can get the direct phone number to your contact, that would not require an extension.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Enter it in your contacts like this:
‭(aaa)bbb-cccc;xxxx
Then your phone will dial the main number followed by the extension, assuming you know the extension.That is phone number, including area code, followed by a semi-colon, followed by the extension number.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted Hide Post
Thanks Donna, that's what I was looking for.Your my best friend for today.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post