Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    "insecure site" warning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"insecure site" warning
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
On some sites (including this one!), I get the following message: "Your connection to this site is not secure."

In the top left corner of the screen, there is a circle with an "i" which when I click on it gives me the message. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Posts: 227 | Location: Southfield, MI USA | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Well, there's nothing to "fix" on your end. The problem is with the certificate on the site - it is either expired, wrong, or was issued by someone unknown to your browser's store of "safe" certificate issuers.

You could mark the certificate as "trusted" on your end if you don't want to see the message, but that is just masking the issue.

Does this happen on every browser or just certain ones?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post