Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    Time Machine Logs under Sierra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time Machine Logs under Sierra
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven J Gold
AIM: Online Status For StevenGold
posted
I often like to check on the Time Machine backup system to see what's going on.

Prior to macOS Sierra, I would open the Console app and filter on "backupd" (the Time Machine backup process) which would show me the goings-on of the backup process.

That is no longer possible as the entire way information is logged has been changed under Sierra.

What do I need to do to see the messages from Backupd under Sierra?

Posts: 234 | Location: Oak Park, MI | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Why not just open the TM folder itself and see what was done last.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven J Gold
AIM: Online Status For StevenGold
posted Hide Post
I want to monitor the process, not the results.

For example, the log used to indicate for the files were being selected (deep scan vs fsevent data), how much space the backup will take, whether prior backups are being deleted before the current backup starts, exactly which backups are deleted afterwards, etc...

Posts: 234 | Location: Oak Park, MI | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
For a discussion of System Log Time Machine records see http://superuser.com/questions...-log-in-macos-sierra

Posts: 1964 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post