Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Genius Bar - Troubleshooting-Software    Messages app problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Messages app problems
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted
Suddenly, I am getting "iMessage" (blue bubble) texts from other parties only on my iPhone (iOS 10.3.3), and not on the Mac (Sierra) or iPad (11.1). I and the other parties are properly signed into iCloud accounts. I think the others are using my phone number and not email/appleID to send iMessage texts to me. On the Mac and iPad Messages prefs I no longer see my phone number as configurable in the "I can be reached at" section, just email addresses. I'd much rather do Messaging on the Mac keyboard and not the iPhone when that choice is available. BTW, both WiFi and Bluetooth are all up and operational. I've also gone through and made sure Settings on all devices for iCloud and Messages match, as well as Handoff and Continuity enabled. Suggestions solicited and appreciated.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post