Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  For Sale - General    I found a Deal - Printer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found a Deal - Printer
 Login/Register

iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted
Looking for an inexpensive monochrome laser printer check this one out. I bought it and it works great for the use I needed. Good Duty cycle.

It does wireless printing as well but I use a USB cable. I also paid the extra $5.00 for the 2 year extended warranty.

I was a good choice so far for me.

http://www.microcenter.com/pro...&utm_content=Default

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1722 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
After reading your post I went out and got a $30 Pantum printer at MicroCenter. They had about a dozen left. I should have bought an extra ink cartridge but forgot. I understand they are quite expensive ($35-$50) but the cost per page still estimates to be less than 2 cents per page. So, still a winner. Thanks, Calvin.

Posts: 412 | Location: greater detroit area | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. I've used inexpensive B&W Samsung laser printers for a few years for "info only" or "office records only" items. They weren't THIS low a price, but great idea.
FYI: If hi-res printouts are important, be sure to check this feature on low-price machines. I can set my Samsung to "high resolution" but results are not even close to my HP's - both color lasers. - Even to the naked eye. (I noticed with some music score draft prints.)
- Also, replacement cartridges for lasers are always costly - BUT the trade-off is well worth the many months of use, and not wondering if "ink" is going to last for your print job.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2066 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of Calvin
posted Hide Post
Wow reading this I just thought.... if the toner cost 30 bucks and a new printer with toner cost 25 bucks ......Hmmmmm?

Calvin Carson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"portions of todays programming are reproduced by means of electrical transcriptions or tape recordings."

"....Mailbox!....Open.......... MailBox!"

"I was exposed to the GUI and have been stuck ever since!"

"Remember.. Under our clothes...we are all naked"

Posts: 1722 | Location: Detroit,MI,USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post