Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    safari and flash
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

safari and flash
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
Hi--
I have safari 5.0.3 installed. It seems safari won't open any flash web pages now. I have the latest version of flash installed. Any ideas? I can open the pages in chrome and firefox.
Thanks.
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
It won't open the page at all? Do you get some sort of error message?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Rhonda:

How about furnishing some links to the problem pages.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
I don't think so. If I want to load a game, it says "loading, you may need to install the latest flash player". If I go to Pandora, it will load the page and just stop and not load my songs. I also have gone to live.twit.tv and it loads the page but does not play the content.

Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Found the solution--In Safari, enable plug-ins must be checked. For some reason, mine was not. Glad it is working again.
Happy New Year!
Rhonda