Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Archive & Install: Snow Leopard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archive & Install: Snow Leopard
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
When performing an "Archive & Install", does the Boot Disc move the existing System Folder to a new area (and install the new version at the front of the HD), or just install a "fresh" version wherever there's space?

My Systems' buggy after all the "Updates" and I want a fresh one.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
No it does not move anything to "special" places it just uses available space.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Snow Leopard, during an Archive and Install, will install a new OS and delete the old OS. You don't end up with a Previous System folder anymore. Brilliant move on Apple's part... Can't begin to explain the number of previous A&I systems found because people didn't think to delete the old OS. And they wondered why they were out of HD space Roll Eyes

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the "heads-up" Dave. This is good news! Now, I'm not hesitant to go ahead with the A&I.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post