Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    I deleted too many photos at once-nothing in iphoto's trash!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I deleted too many photos at once-nothing in iphoto's trash!
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
AIM: Online Status For macike
posted
Hi MacGroup,I am running the latest version of Snow Leopard on a iMac Core Duo 2.0. I tried to delete about 2,000 jpegs from iPhoto in about two big batches. They disappeared,didn't show up in iphoto's trash,but I don't have any extra hard drive space,after the deletions. I rebuilt the database,and the are not showing in the album anymore,but I haven't gained my harddrive space back. Now,what should I do? Thank you.

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
Please tell us if you emptied the regular trash and also if:

iPhoto > Preferences > Advanced

Importing: _ Copy items to the iPhoto Library

is checked.

Posts: 1989 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
Yes James, I emptied the regular trash, and there are no items in iphoto's trash, either. "Copy items to iphoto library" is checked, also.

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
what version of iPhoto?

If you’re not completely appalled, you’re not paying attention.

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda,it's iphoto 08 (version 7.1.5)

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
How did you trash them?

Posts: 602 | Location: Birmingham, MI USA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
I highlighted about half of the 2,000 photos in one album, then hit delete; the immediately disappeared,so I thought everything was OK. I then highlighted another chunk of the photos,clicked delete again, and they were removed from the album, but my free hard-drive space was the same. They didn't appear in my regular trash, or iphoto's Trash.

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Linda
posted Hide Post
You deleted from an album? Deleting from an album simply removes them from the album or grouping (like a playlist in iTunes). To REALLY delete a photo, you must be in events/photos. Then they are moved to trash. Then empty iPhoto trash to make HD room.

That is why the hard drive space didn't change and nothing appeared in the trash. The photos are still in the library (like iTunes) just no longer in an album.

Linda

Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
Thank you all,I hadn't deleted them from "Events",just from the Album. Once I deleted them from Events, all is well. I appreciate your help.