Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Mac OS upgrade question-10.8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mac OS upgrade question-10.8
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
A MacOS10.8 mystery:
I tried to move a sub-folder of misc. tutorials & docs from inside an Adobe application folder (GoLive CS2) to save info before deleting the application. Dragged to the desktop to save temporarily, but it only "saves" an alias. Finally worked by holding the Apple key while dragging. I checked "info" on some files in this folder, and it says "You have custom access" and all the read/write permissions are grayed out.

To compare, tried dragging from the Documents folder with no hitches. What am I missing relative to the Applications folder contents?

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2070 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that because these files "live" within the Application, it creates a "custom access." Do you have the choice to export those files? This probably means more work on your end to copy them to a new location.

Moving files from the Documents folder works because there isn't a custom access created.

Let us know what happens!

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2109 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post