Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Apple opens up beta-testing to non-developers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple opens up beta-testing to non-developers
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven J Gold
AIM: Online Status For StevenGold
posted
Apple has expanding their beta-test program, apparently to anyone who has an Apple ID and is willing to "sign" a confidentiality agreement.

more info

Once you register, you download a "Mavericks Beta Access Utility" and run it. Beta software will then appear in the Mac App Store and may be installed from there.

You must be running 10.9.x in order to participate. You do not have to have a paid Developer membership -- the program is free!

(Yes, it's for real. I'm in it.)

Posts: 234 | Location: Oak Park, MI | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up, Steven. I signed up. Sent my first bug feedback this morning.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3771 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven J Gold
AIM: Online Status For StevenGold
posted Hide Post
The "beta software seed" program isn't limited to OSX releases & updates -- currently, you can have access to another application of Apple's software which we probably all use.
(Sorry, probably can't be more specific)

Posts: 234 | Location: Oak Park, MI | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
One guess where I found the bug.

quote:
Originally posted by Steven J Gold:
The "beta software seed" program isn't limited to OSX releases & updates -- currently, you can have access to another application of Apple's software which we probably all use.
(Sorry, probably can't be more specific)

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3771 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post