Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    I need help FAST!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need help FAST!
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of DigiMike
posted
01. My old Airport died
02. I bought the new Airport Extreme
03. Instructions said it WOULD NOT operate under my 10.6.8 OS
04. Tried to install Mavericks
05. Message said my HD was not formatted for Mavericks did I want to erase/reformat my HD
06. I chose another of my 4 HDs in my ApplePro tower to install Mavericks
07. Install failed after 45 minutes
08. Called Apple and was told to try install again
09. Mavericks now installed on HD
10. Several of my apps do not appear including Adobe Application Manager
11. Cannot find my mail accounts with saved emails
12. Cannot find ANY help from Mavericks HELP
13. So the question is: How do I get this enormous problem fixed?
14. I restarted in 10.6.8 from the original HD so I can talk to you all and get some work done.
15. How do I get my files imported into Mavericks, like iPhoto etc?
16. HELP ME PLEASE.

Posts: 451 | Location: Grosse Pointe | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You stated that you installed Mavericks on another HD in your tower.... your Apps and email are located on the HD with 10.6.8 still. To see them in 10.9, you could use Migration Assistant to copy over your programs and User info to the Maverick HD. This will take a few hours to do depending on how much data you have to move.

You cannot access those programs or your email accounts until they are migrated over or set up fresh.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of DigiMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Mike,

You stated that you installed Mavericks on another HD in your tower.... your Apps and email are located on the HD with 10.6.8 still. To see them in 10.9, you could use Migration Assistant to copy over your programs and User info to the Maverick HD. This will take a few hours to do depending on how much data you have to move.

You cannot access those programs or your email accounts until they are migrated over or set up fresh.

Thank you. How/where do I find the Migration Assistant?

Posts: 451 | Location: Grosse Pointe | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Boot into the Mavericks HD, then you would go to Utilites and open Migration Assistant. Follow the prompts and direct it to migrate from your 10.6 HD. This will duplicate everything on the 10.6 drive to the 10.9 drive. You may want to compare the used space on the 10.6 drive to the open space on the 10.9 drive before starting this process to make sure you have enough room.

Take your time and be patient with this process.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post