Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Trouble with Apple Mail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble with Apple Mail
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of DigiMike
posted
It keeps deleting current emails without my asking for that to happen or requesting my permission. What is going on? I have to keep certain emails for my records and this new behavior is very scary!Ever since I moved out of the Detroit area, I have had numerous web/email problems.

Posts: 451 | Location: Grosse Pointe | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Is it actually deleting from the inbox? I use a smartbox for all unread mail, and I've had messages fly out of there prematurely since the last update, but they at least stay in the actual inbox unless I specifically tell it to delete.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of DigiMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phyllis Evans:
Is it actually deleting from the inbox? I use a smartbox for all unread mail, and I've had messages fly out of there prematurely since the last update, but they at least stay in the actual inbox unless I specifically tell it to delete.

Yes it is deleting from my inbox. It seems now that if I delete an email from my iPhone 5S, it is deleted from my MAIL inbox. How do I create a SMARTBOX?

Posts: 451 | Location: Grosse Pointe | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
If you are deleting it on the iPhone, then it's supposed to delete it on all devices. If you want it to stay in the inbox, just move to the next message without deleting on the iPhone.
To create a smartbox, look about halfway down under the Mailbox menu. You can set all sorts of criteria for a smartbox. I have some setup for specific people and companies so I don't have to scan through my entire inbox. They show up there automatically. One is set to show strictly unread messages.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post