Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Sound Preferences in Mac OSX Lion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound Preferences in Mac OSX Lion
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Hi all,
Anyone know how to remove a choice from the "Sound" menu? I have deleted the App, but the option still shows up in th list.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this will work. But, try a Finder search for the file name "Soundflower", and then delete the file from the folder than contains it.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I already did that, that's how I removed the App.

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Instead of deleting, you probably should have done an uninstall. I have a couple of apps that use Soundflower, and while a finder search will show (in my case) Soundflowerbed.app, it doesn't show the plug-ins. I think the plug-ins were originally installed by maybe AudioHiJack Pro. Try reinstalling, then use the uninstall script or app instead of just trashing.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Phyllis. I'll have to try that then