Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Safari Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari Problem
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of George Little
posted
I mentioned this at the last meeting and am still without an answer. When I launch Safari from the Dock or if it launches automatically due to clicking on a link, the result is a blank screen. The only way I can get any thing to show up on screen is to go to the drop down menu and select View> Enter Full Screen Mode. I am running 10.10.1 Yosemite on a MBA. Thanks in advance.

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Posts: 840 | Location: Farmington | Registered: March 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
It has to be a cache or preference file causing the problem. When I run into a sticky problem but don't necessarily want to do a full reinstall, I use http://www.appzapper.com AppZapper to just get rid of the associated files. You should be able to try it out to see if it works without buying the full app.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of CHunter
posted Hide Post
George,
Any third-party extensions added to Safari?

I found others with a similar problem:
Safari Blank Pages

Posts: 1621 | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post