Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    10.9.2 patch now available in Software Update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10.9.2 patch now available in Software Update
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of KC
posted
The Next Web

"Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end." - from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Posts: 573 | Location: Rochester Hills | Registered: June 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
I'd been having problems with Mavericks (10.9.1) on my MBPro- beachballs, sluggish response etc. Rather than applying the incremental update via App Store Software Update, I downloaded and ran (after backing up!) the 10.9.2 Combo Updater instead. This seems to have taken care of nearly all my issues.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
Can one apply the combo update after already applying the one via Software Update? If so, where do you find it?

Posts: 2269 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
Can one apply the combo update after already applying the one via Software Update? If so, where do you find it?
1. Yes.

2. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL...e=en_US&locale=en_US

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the 10.9.2 Combo Update today but when I tried to install it this Alert appeared: This update requires OSX Version 10.9.
I am currently using OSX Version 10.8.5.
How do I find 10.9 -or- what do I need to do to bring everything up-to-date?

Posts: 91 | Location: Royal Oak Michigan | Registered: June 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
Picture of James R. Cutler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gaelic-lass:
... How do I find 10.9 ...?
You need an Apple ID (name@icloud.com or mac.com or me.com)

From http://www.apple.com/support/osx/upgrade/

If your Mac can run OS X Mountain Lion, it can run OS X Mavericks.
1. Back up your Mac.
2. Get OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store.
3. Double-click Install OS X Mavericks to begin installation.

-

Posts: 1968 | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
James,

Thank you for providing the information I needed to download and install Mavericks on my computer. I spent the whole day with Mavericks and that is why my response to you has been delayed.
I always read and appreciate everything you write.

Posts: 91 | Location: Royal Oak Michigan | Registered: June 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post