Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Swift Playgrounds gone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift Playgrounds gone?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Steven J Gold
AIM: Online Status For StevenGold
posted
Apple demoed the Swift Playgrounds app (a graphically-based program to teach programing concepts in general and the Swift programming language) at the WWDC Keynote and at the beginning of the iPhone 7 event and even showed kids in school using it.

It's been included in the iOS 10 private & public betas and I've enjoyed working my way thru the lessons.

Apple sent out an email to people this week thanking them for being part of the beta program and inviting them to download & install the GM release version prior to its release next week.

I did and installing the GM release completely removed all traces of the Swift Playgrounds from my iPad! Grrr... Just as I was really getting into it. Mad

And it's not in the App Store either.

But the datafile it used is still on my iCloud Drive.

Wonder what's going on. I filed a "Feedback" report with Apple.

Posts: 234 | Location: Oak Park, MI | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
If you backed up the iPad with iTunes, there might still be a copy in the Mobile Applications folder. For some reason last week, the Kindle app disappeared from the iTunes app store for a few days, but I was able to find and install it on one of my iPod touches

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post