Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Can I use my 27" imac monitor with my macbook?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I use my 27" imac monitor with my macbook?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted
I have different software on my MacBook Pro-which has Maverick (mid 2012), than my desktop, but I would like to use my larger monitor on my iMac 27" Yosemite (late 2012). Is there another way (besides the mini display port cable)? I read something about screen sharing-how can I do that between my iMac and macbook?

Thanks-
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
You cannot do what you are asking. But you can do
screen sharing across your network from the iMac to your laptop.

Check out this information.

Posts: 1643 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian- are you saying I am not able to use a min display port cable to connect the two computers at all?

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
That is what Brain is saying.... your model doesn't support the iMac being used as a monitor Frown

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post