Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Don't know what to call this question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't know what to call this question
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Mary Jo Disler
posted
Likely a frivolous question: Am I missing something?

Sometimes I make a folder to hold a few related docs - have it open on the screen - and sit staring at it WISHING I could write a simple Textedit note to go in the folder.

BUT - without having to either save the note to the desktop then drag it in, OR writing it and rummaging through everything on the drive to find the folder location for the "save," OR without having to drag a folder alias to the desktop so the "save" can find it that way.

Eeeech!!!

Obviously my frequently used folders are in the Finder window sidebar, but this relates to that occasional "extra" buried deep in the catacombs somewhere.

"For what is age but youth's full bloom,
A riper, more transcendent youth" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Posts: 2074 | Location: West Bloomfield MI USA | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Just write the info as the folder name. You're limited to, I think, 256 characters, and you just need to avoid the reserved characters like slashes.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3781 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post