Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Apple ID nag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple ID nag
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted
All of a sudden, I am being frequently asked to sign in with my Apple ID to my iTunes account. A third-party calendar app, BusyCal, asks me the same, to sync events with iCloud, but now refuses to connect despite repeated entries of my valid password. Today, and last night, iCloud/iTunes insisted I answer my security questions in order to Unlock my Apple login. I am annoyed by this behavior and don't know what has set it off. Any ideas? MBPro, 10.12.3, and also on two iOS 10.2.1 devices

Posts: 1099 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Chuck, it seems to happen when they are working on the servers. I went through it a couple of weeks ago. I run into it every few months. My headache this week is with my gmail accounts constantly asking for passwords. When the Apple and Google servers are slow to respond, I get the password request instead of whatever I'm using saying it's not responding.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
Followup:
This problem seems to have magically gone away now, so Phyllis may have had the answer.
Also, the BusyCal apps were just updated, and said to fix, among other things, problems connecting to and syncing with iCloud.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post