Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    OCR in TextEdit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OCR in TextEdit
 Login/Register

Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted
Does scanning print as OCR work in TextEdit? iWork?

I have an HP Photosmart printer in OSX 10.6.2 and 10.4.11.

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Well, you can't scan with either TextEdit or iWork. You need OCR software. Neither has an interface for capture, so you need to fire up the OCR software separately. I think there's an article for that.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of arrakian
posted Hide Post
Got it. I almost upgraded the OEM I.R.I.S. software that came with my printer- thank god I didn't. I went with your recommendation of the ABBYY FineReader and got Office for Mac 2008.

No to get it to work with my printer properly...

- One Nation Under A Groove -

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E.MI | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post