Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Can't View Flash Videos on Layers Magazine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't View Flash Videos on Layers Magazine
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
posted
I can't view Flash Video Tutorials on the Layers Magazine web site. I don't know exactly when the problem started occurring. I've contacted their support, but still haven't resolved the problem. Following is some specific info:

• 17" PowerBook G4, running Mac OSX 10.5.8
• I had an RSS feed in Mail. Clicking on a link opened the correct window on the Layers site, but no Flash video. I've since tried deleting the feed - no difference.
• I've tried it on the latest version of Safari, Firefox and a few other browsers. Nada. I get the window, but no video
• I've updated to the latest version of the Flash Player a few times. No difference.
• Emptied the Browser Caches and Removed Cookies. Nada.
• I'm able to view Flash videos, etc., on all other sites. The problem seems to be specific to Layers Magazine.
• I'm in the process of Repairing Permissions, but it takes forever on a G4 running 10.5.8
• Lastly, one of the techs at Layers suggested that the firewall might be blocking Flash Player from playing the video, and suggested opening port 1935. Two thoughts - I doubt that is the problem and I can't seem to gain access to opening that particular port to give it a try.

Has anyone experienced this particular problem? Any suggestions? The tutorials are great, and I miss being able to view them. This problem started within the last month or so.

Thanks ahead of time,

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I found an answer and solution to the problem. It turns out that the problem was Flash Player Settings. Some web sites react differently to the settings, and is the reason why Flash was working in other sites but not for the Layer Magazine videos. Note that the Flash Player Settings are for all web browsers on your system.

Posts: 684 | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post