Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Mac OS X    Problem with Mail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with Mail
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Muse
posted
I'm using the latest version of Mail and lately I have been receiving multiple copies of many pieces of mail (3 to 4 copies - all with the same time). This is in the current Mail and Junk (Spam) mail. I am also using Spam Sieve to sort, but don't know if that could be involved at all.

Thanks for any tips.
M

Posts: 323 | Registered: June 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Who is your mail provider? Do you connect via POP or IMAP?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Muse
posted Hide Post
I hope this is what you asked for

Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Since you use POP mail, it could be that you're getting out of sync with the server. Do you check this mailbox anywhere else (on another computer or some other device)?

You might try syncronizing or rebuilding the mailbox. Highlight the account in your account list, then go to the Mailbox menu item and click on Syncronize. If that doesn't help, try Rebuild.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5473 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Muse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jack - I will follow your suggestion and hope it works -

m