Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Serial Number lookup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Serial Number lookup
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
You can now look up your Serial Number to see if your phone is one of the affected ones. Mine is, appt scheduled for Saturday at the Grand Rapids Apple Store.

https://www.apple.com/support/...-unexpectedshutdown/

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up for anyone affected by this issue. Be prepared before going in for this fix by:

1) Having your iPhone backed up to iCloud or iTunes beforehand.

2) Know your Apple ID password for your iCloud account so when they ask you to Turn Off "Find My iPhone" in iCloud settings.

3) Be nice to the person helping you. They did not manufacture the battery and they ARE trying to help you.

4) Battery replacement takes time. You could have to wait up to a few hours or even overnight.

Should they be out of batteries and are unable to replace yours that day, they will order a battery for you and email you as soon as they receive it. I've read online that many stores are looking at a 3-5 day wait for replacement batteries to arrive.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
My boss contacted Apple and they are going to do a replacement via mail.

I'll report back on how my appointment goes tomorrow

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
posted Hide Post
Batteries are out of stock, guess they had to send back what they had in stock. I will get a call when the battery arrives.

Poobah
posted Hide Post
Had my battery replaced yesterday, took about 2 hours.

Poobah
posted Hide Post
I guess they're not doing a swap with my boss's phone, he had to send his in to Apple for repair.