Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    Anyone using 8.1 on the 4S?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using 8.1 on the 4S?
 Login/Register

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted
I'm running iOS 8.1 on my iPad mini and current gen iPod touch without any problems, but I'm antsy about putting it on my iPhone 4S. Has anyone upgraded a 4S yet? Horror stories? Can you live with it? Won't be upgrading to an iPhone 6 for a few months yet, but...

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't recommend it. I upgraded my 4s and after a full charge before I retired for the night it was down to only 75 percent charged without using it by morning.

Posts: 828 | Location: PA | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
I have found that the update/upgrade path brings out issues on the 4S models, but a Restore eliminates all headaches. My old 4S is running very well now.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. That's what I was waiting to hear.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3769 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
iOS 8.1.1 specifically mentions performance updates for 4s and iPad 2. read here.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post