Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    Messages with vzwpix?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Messages with vzwpix?
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Hi. I have been missing out on group messages started by a friend using an iPhone, sending to a group, including me with my icloud account.

When I found out I didn't receive them and she told me she had replied to my previous message that showed the icloud address, I looked at icloud. Com and found them as emails. They all had addresses with number at vzwpix. Com.

I can't quite wrap my head around this. My iPhone did have my icloud account checked under settings, receiving and sending. I removed it, from facetime too, and get pop ups asking me to change it.

It has my email address checked that is my apple id, but the vzwpix emails didn't go there.

Should I unchecked mms or sms? There are people in the group not on iphone.

I thought I understood this stuff. Thanks!

Posts: 30 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
VZWPIX is where you have to go to view pictures when you have a phone that can't view pictures sent to a phone. I have an ancient clamshell on Verizon and that's where I have to go to view any kind of text message sent to me that is not plain text.org have to do that on my computer. not on my phone or both Er r iOS device.

Posts: 2298 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post