Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    Ringtones missing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ringtones missing
 Login/Register

Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted
My friend had to restore her Windows laptop last month, and today her iPhone 4s. Her purchased ringtones are no where to be found. Where do you re-download ringtones? Her iTunes library (latest version of iTunes) has nothing under "tones". Also checked under "purchased" and can't find them there either. She has an email receipt from March for one of them.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Make sure she's signed in to the account used to buy the ringtones.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3780 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember having that problem too a while back. Something happened to a couple of my purchased ringtones and if I recall correctly, unlike songs and apps, there was no provision for re-downloading them. Not sure if that has changed or if there is some less than obvious way. However, in my case it was money gone.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6153 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
She may try giving Apple a call, or stop at the Apple Store.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post