Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    iOS 8 photo bug?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 8 photo bug?
 Login/Register

Padawan
posted
Normally I use the photo sync app to transfer photos from my iPhone 5s on iOS 8.1.2 to my MBP osx 10.9.5. When I did this yesterday, I discovered that the photo I transferred from my phone wasn't the same file size when I opened it in iPhoto. Instead of 1.5 mb it was 203 kb or something like that. I contacted photo sync developers and they said it was a known issue with iOS 8. But when I google that question, I can't find any discussion of it.

To make me very frustrated, I connected via usb and used image capture only to discover the same issue. (I tried using dropbox, same thing)

Has anyone else noticed this problem? How are you all handling back ups of photos? I haven't used photo stream, because in the past I've had lots of screenshots that I didn't want showing up everywhere.

Any ramifications of starting photo stream now?

Thanks for your advice.

Posts: 30 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
Why aren't you using iPhoto or Image Capture to transfer photos from your your phone to the computer??? You get full resolution that way.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2121 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I did connect through usb and tried image capture. And got the similar results. Instead of 200kb it was 750 kb so better. However, I was looking at the image view, not the list view. When I changed views I could see that my photos were on my phone at that size. D'oh. I totally forgot I used the camera+ app to take those photos. Complete user error!

Posts: 30 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post