Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    Moving iPhone App Icons via Desk/Laptop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving iPhone App Icons via Desk/Laptop
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of nedmcgrath
posted
I'm either late to the game or lazy or both, but just now realizing I can no longer move my iPhone 8 apps around via iTunes. And, it's been my experience, when I press on an app residing on the phone, instead of a wiggle, the app opens up with a menu of options. Any ideas or workarounds? Thanx

Posts: 45 | Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA | Registered: November 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
You can't rearrange them in iTunes on your Mac anymore, I believe, but you can relocate them, one at a time, on the phone You press and hold until you get the wiggle. Then you can move the app around or merge it with another to create a group or move it into a group you already have. Then you press the home button to stop the wiggle. At least, that's how it works on my iPhone 6SE running the latest update.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Donna,

If you have an SE like Char and I do there is not a number 6 associated with it. It is just an SE.

There is a 6S though.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Donna
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. Its an iPhone SE. Thanks.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: October 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post