Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  iOS    My iPhone 6 Plus can't save Bookmarks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My iPhone 6 Plus can't save Bookmarks
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
AIM: Online Status For macike
posted
I have an iPhone 6 Plus,that's running the latest IOS update,but even with updates, I can't save my Bookmarks. I get to pick the Folder to save it to,but it won't actually save it.What should I do?

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
First step should probably be to Restore the phone via iTunes. You can click the "Back Up Now" button to save your data. Then choose "Restore iPhone" next. When that finishes you will be asked if you want to set it up as a New Phone or restore from the backup you just made.

Please let us know if this works when you are finished.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
I was able to restore from iTunes,but it's only allowing me choices of previous backups to restore from,that range from 2008-2014. i backup to my Mac everyday,why can't I see a more recent backup to restore from. I was restoring from my MBPro,now I guess I'll see if I have more recent choices of backups to restore from my iMac,instead. I'm missing too many Apps and information like this.

Posts: 185 | Location: Southfield, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
I was able to sync from my iMac,which restored my Apps,Music,photos,and Podcasts. However, I still cannot save Bookmarks. My MacBook Pro didn't offer a backup to restore from more recently than 2014,even though I backup to my iMac or MacBook Pro every day.

Poobah
Picture of Dave
posted Hide Post
You should pick one computer to sync the phone or create backups on. While you can use more than one, your experience is the reason I don't suggest it.

It is possible that the latest backup is corrupted. Could you try an earlier backup or maybe set the phone up as new? The issue is a Software concern and a corrupted backup would be the reason this is happening.

Dave McGuire
President - MacGroup Detroit

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?"

Posts: 2108 | Location: Orion Twp, Michigan | Registered: July 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Macike
posted Hide Post
Eventually,my iMac restored all of my previous emails(with repeated request for email passwords-and continuously rejecting them!),photos/podcasts(with continual duplicates of certain podcasts-was already happening),but many text messages and iMessages were lost somewhere. Still can't save bookmarks,at all. I normally sync to the iMac with a cable as soon as I get home,even though I have enabled wireless wi-fi syncing,but at bedtime I charge it through a cable to my MacBook Pro. Can I charge to the MacBook Pro for charging,without syncing? I thought it would be an advantage to having everything backed-up on both machines.