Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Gaming    Bad Mojo Redux on Mac, 11 yrs. retro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Mojo Redux on Mac, 11 yrs. retro
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Chris Doerner-McCary
posted
While on the search for old games, my favorite of a decade or so ago was Bad Mojo Redux.

The old WIN / MAC cd has now been long gone, as I traded it for something ridiculous.

I only used it on PC, but wonder if anyone ever played it for Mac OS7-higher. Since I still have a classic machine in the house, I'd love to get the cheapie offered on amazon, if I knew it played on OS9. It's a stretch, but for me it was the equivalent of a stress-cow ...

If one beholds the sublime in art - one can view Mac as an artform!

Posts: 141 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'd forgotten that one completely. I know that we used to have a copy of it. I'll have Von look through her old stuff tomorrow. If we still have it, it should be in that pile.

"I really need a new tagline"
—P M Evans

Posts: 3764 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Phyllis, wasn't this game the ultimate in sardonic realities? Anyone who enjoyed the cult classic movie "Joe's Apartment" and read Kafka's "Metamorphosis" (not in that order) could appreciate the mood, formation and immersion into the buggy, yet probing challenges created by this storyline. Big Grin

I used to wind down from a work day, and play this one for hours. Roll Eyes

Thanks for looking for me. Mojo is one of the classics. By far one of my favorites of all time. Smile

Redux is the newest released version, but the OLD one took SO long to master, it would be a labyrinthian feat to remember all the nuances and minutia of movements to get to the final three phases, but not nearly as bad as learning the new one. So I much prefer the old .... hahaha.

Posts: 141 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Von found the CD. It runs in Classic from the CD, but the installer wouldn't work and crashed Classic. I wonder if the newer one would work with Rosetta? The digital download ($19.95) is here:
http://www.gotgameentertainment.com/badmojo/index.html
No system requirements are listed for it.

—P M Evans

Posts: 3764 | Location: Redford, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Smile Smile Smile

It always "BUGS" me when they don't expand on system details for pre-paid downloads. Mad

I think I'm going to check Gibraltar Trade Center in February and see if my trusted game vendor has access to "Mojo". I know he'll sell it cheaper too, but it was sure thoughtful of you to look for it. Thanks Phyllis.

If he has it, would you want me to get you one?

Genius
Picture of Phyllis Evans
posted Hide Post
Save the money, Chris. See us at the next meeting for the CD and the hints book. Von just found the book with all of the clues. While it won't install on Von's classic, it may install on yours. If not, it can still be played from the CD. It's nice to find homes for older software.

—P M Evans

Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Smile Smile Smile

Thanks so much Phyllis. I love the bizarre goofiness of this classic.

By the way, the advice on the Font management book by Sharon Zardetto Aker has helped clarify some confusion for me.
Razz