Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Gaming    DO You have the Civ II gold pack?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DO You have the Civ II gold pack?
 Login/Register

Padawan
Picture of Firewall
posted
I hate to admit it but I still use classic but it's out of love trust me...

Many moons ago I got hooked on "god game" called Civilization II . I have played this darn game forward, backward, fast, slow, every way I could. (Nothing beats crushing those NAZI bastards again and again) For me Its a darn near perfect game. I prefer it far more than its cheesy successors. Truth is I've enjoyed every lost weekend, and I've played it every way but one...

With the expansion pack...

The the original game came with an artificial end date of 2020 the expansion pack removed this artificial limit (and added some toys) I've casually tried to find this update (MAC VERS.) on the web for over a year but I fear my private quest may be to old to find...

Can anyone help me find a copy of the classic OS Civ II expansion Upgrade for and sink deeper into my shame spiral of love for Civ II. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Firewall,

FW

Talking about Jazz, is like Dancing about Architecture...

Posts: 60 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of chris.fx
posted Hide Post
I have Civ III (complete) and I used to play Alpha Centuari. They never made a OS X version of it though. Frown I miss the 5 characters and their little in-fighting. And the cute one when she said, "The gods adore you." I haven't tired Civ 4 yet because i don't have the minimum system requirements.
Happy hunting with Civ 2, if you still play it.

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Chris Doerner-McCary
posted Hide Post
chris.fx is right.... the game was made for OS 7. I also was a fan of this series... and Sim City 2000, 3000..... Alas admit to Multi Player Asheron's Call as well on PC of course.

If it's not too far a drive for you.... check out Gibraltar Trade Center's Computer Show. They have vendors that show up with OLD, and I mean OLD VERSIONS of games very very inexpensively. They have one in Mt Clemens and Taylor. It may be worth it just to check out some of the original Macs that are now turned into aquariums. Check out their website for dates. No really... If I see it, I'll definitely message you.

If one beholds the sublime in art - one can view Mac as an artform!

Posts: 141 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
I just noticed.... the original post was over a year ago.... Guess we took a long time to reply.... Frown Eek

Posts: 141 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of chris.fx
posted Hide Post
Yes, Frown but it's ok. I did not know that old Mac programs would be available at the Gibraltar Trade Center's computer show. I'll have to check it out sometime.

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Chris, I checked the schedule for the computer shows. Mt. Clemens next one is Feb. 1-2-3; Taylor Jan. 11-12-13 and Feb. 8-9-10.
The vendor that has the most older Mac products is a middle aged Asian gentleman. If he doesn't have it on the table, you can give him the specifics and he will search for you. I misplaced his business card or I would have IM'd you with the details.

I've had no problems at all purchasing never-used, yet outdated software from this vendor. He is by far my favorite source outside of established ebay sellers. Good luck in your search. Wink

It's nice to have some activity on the gaming thread again.