Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Video format - gi?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video format - gi?
 Login/Register

Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted
I was sent a video format with the extension .gi

I can view some of the video with VLC. QuickTime will not open it. Someone said it was like an iso file for burning to a DVD, but I can't get it to burn in Toast 6.

Any ideas? They wanted to use a couple clips from this for a presentation tomorrow night (Thursday).

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Chuck Reti
AIM: Online Status For chuckr@mac.com
posted Hide Post
From Extensions at FileInfo.net:
.GI File Extension 2 File Associations

File Type 1 Global Image (Most common)
Category Disk Files
Common? No
File Description Disk image format created by several possible disc creation software programs; used for duplicating CD/DVDs or copying disc information to a hard drive
Program(s) that open gi files
Windows= Prassi Primo DVD, Sony CD Extreme, IsoBuster
--------

File Type 2 RecordNow! CD Image
Category Disk Files
Common? No
File Description Copy of a CD created with RecordNow! software; originally developed by Stomp, but now owned and distributed by HP/Compaq
Program(s) that open gi files:Windows= HP RecordNow!, EZB Systems UltraISO

Posts: 941 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Council Member
Picture of Jamie
posted Hide Post
Well, it is the morning after and everything went fine. I could not re-edit the DVD that they had, but sometimes it is easier to keep things simple.

They wanted to show two different clips from the DVD that were not continuous. I contacted the Fisher Theater to check their equipment and they had two DVD players. So, I duplicated the DVD and put one on each player cued to the clips they wanted. They simply played one clip, shut that one and immediately played the other. Nobody in the audience even noticed.

Jamie

Posts: 554 | Location: West Bloomfield | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post