Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    WMV to ipod?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WMV to ipod?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
posted
Gee, I thought this would be easy . I have a short Soupy Sales clip in WMV format. A neighbor would like to use it on an ipod. How do I convert it. I don't have QT Pro; Mac Link Plus Deluxe won't do it; and I'm not sure about Snapz Pro X. I've never used imovie either. Can someone help? thanks, Paul

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
You need the Flip4Mac WMV Components for QuickTime. The free download version "WMV Player" allows you to view WMVs in the Quicktime player and in Safari and Firefox. The pay-for versions, starting with WMV Player Pro at $29 allow import of WMVs and conversion to iPod friendly format or to Quicktime based editing software.
Info and download links at
http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm

Posts: 1098 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 152 | Location: Commerce Township | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post