Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Image stabilization in Premiere CS3?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Image stabilization in Premiere CS3?
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted
I want fix some very shaky video footage. Does Adobe Premiere CS3 have a video stabilizer if not-is there a good third party program for cheap?

Thanks,
Natalie

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
iMovie 9 has this feature. Link to it on the Apple web site .

iMovie ’09

Create a movie in minutes or edit your masterpiece.

* Fine-tune your movies with the new Precision Editor.
* Use enhanced drag-and-drop to easily edit your projects in just a few clicks.
* Smooth shaky clips with automatic video stabilization.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your response Brian-imovie was always in the back of my mind however I thought Premiere was one step above imovie-shouldn't Premiere have an image stabilizer somewhere? Am I overlooking the feature or does it even exist on that particular program?

Thanks!

Posts: 461 | Location: Livonia | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
iBBS Addict
posted Hide Post
Natalie:

I just checked my version Premiere CS4 and there is not any image stabilization that it's help will admit to. Apparently there was a plugin for Premiere CS2 but from what I read it was quite poor. I did find the following with reference to After Effects, check that out here.

CS5 Premiere and After Effects will be out on the 30th so we can just hope that it is there. I have seem some previews of Premiere CS5 and what I have seen is awesome.

Posts: 1640 | Location: Oak Park, MI, USA | Registered: January 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past President
Picture of Terry White
AIM: Online Status For terrywhite at mac dot com
posted Hide Post
The best solution we have is After Effects 4 point motion tracking . It's pretty good. You basically just open the Premiere sequence up in AE or dynamic link. The main issue with most simple Prmeiere plug-is like 2D3 SteadyMove Pro is keyframing.

----
You can never go wrong by doing the right thing.

http://terrywhite.com

There are two kinds of computer users: those who have lost data and those who are about to — backup your Mac!

Posts: 6152 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of artphanto
Yahoo IM
posted Hide Post
Thank you Brian and Terry, I will definitely use After Effects or imovie-it will take forever, I have a ton of video from 11 years ago that I taped on my video camera pre-image stabilizer. It will be a long process (as long as it works, I guess). At least the technology is here.

Natalie