Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Movie Extras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie Extras
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
AIM: Online Status For michele955
posted
Does anyone know where to register to become an extra for all of the upcoming movies being filmed in the D?

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Kirk Tirakian
AIM: Online Status For kirktalon
posted Hide Post
Hi Michele,

I ran across a guy in Facebook named Lew Smith who seems to be in the know on that stuff. One of the websites he lists on his FB profile is http://www.michiganmovienetwork.com/. It has his phone number and email address towards the bottom
in the middle of the page.

I also know a Richard Jewell who has as he writes "appeared in over sixteen movies and television shows". I've tried to link to his facebook page above. If you don't get good contact info from this let me know and I'll help you out. I'm not doing any of this yet. I've just run across people who are.

while it probably isn't a big deal, I don't want to post their phone numbers here without their knowledge.

I'm never "lost" cause I always know where "I" am. I just may not know where anything else is or how to get there.

Posts: 405 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poobah
Picture of Bibo (Jim Nichols)
posted Hide Post
The waterfront film festival starts today in Saugatuck, Michigan studios will there as well as many others. www.waterfrontfilm.org

Posts: 2095 | Location: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Chuck Reti
posted Hide Post
One of the talent agencies doing extras casting for Michigan productions is Real Style,
http://www.realstyleonline.com/extras_casting.html.
Saw their info posted on the Michigan Film and Video Production mail list. I don't know if there are fees involved nor have I seen any "user reviews" of their services.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Detroit | Registered: June 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Michele
AIM: Online Status For michele955
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone I am hoping to tap into some new areas for possible dv sig speakers. Chuck, Real Style wanted $15 to join FYI. Keep ideas coming I will be in touch with these folks to see if they can host a meeting I know they are busy filming in our good weather all 2 days of it :-) Go Wings.

Posts: 243 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: June 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post