Home  •  Next Meeting  •  Contact Us  •  iCal  •  Check Email

MacGroup-Detroit    MacGroup iBBS    MacGroup iBBS  Hop To Forum Categories  DV SIG    Need help with keynote and powerpoint
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with keynote and powerpoint
 Login/Register

Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted
I just created a short presentation which includes a .mk4 video made with Imovie 08. I also included audio files saved in.mp3. I needed to convert the keynote version to powerpoint. This is IWORK 09. I clicked on share in keynote and clicked on powerpoint. Powerpoint is office 08. After I did that, the video will not play on windows machines. The audio files do play. Do I need to convert the movie and if so, how? Thanks for your help.
Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
The Windows machine might need QuickTime installed, esp. if your video is in mp4 format (is mk4 a typo? I don't know that one). Otherwise, you will need software to convert to some other format(Flash, WMV, etc.) Do you have any video software besides iMovie?

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Rhonda
posted Hide Post
Sorry, typo--file type exported is .m4v from Imovie 08. I have Toast10 and the trial version of premiere cs4.

Rhonda

Posts: 280 | Location: West Bloomfield, Mi. | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
Picture of Jack Beckman
AIM: Online Status For jcbeckman@mac.com
posted Hide Post
Toast will do video conversions - you might try that. You will probably have to pull your presentation up in PowerPoint and assign the new video to it.

If you have some control over where the presentation will be done, installing QuickTime on the Windows machine probably will solve your problem too.

===
Professor Hubert Farnsworth: “Nothing is impossible. Not if you can imagine it. That’s what being a scientist is all about.”
Cubert J. Farnsworth: “No, that’s what being a magical elf is all about.”

Posts: 5470 | Location: Sterling Heights, Mi | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post